Each week I give you a playlist topic from my other blog Camisado Mind and you give me a list of songs that fit that topic. Between 10 and 20 songs. You can post a youtube or download link to the song as well if you’d like, just in case someone hasn’t heard that song before.
This week your topic is:
"Soundtrack to My Life"
Here's Part II of my playlist:
(in no particular order)
- "I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman" by Britney Spears (listen) - I think it's pretty much obvious why I chose this song. And P.S. Could I would totally love to switch her bodies! Wish I had the determination to get halfway there....*sigh*.
- "Behind These Hazel Eyes" by Kelly Clarkson (listen) - This song is dedicated to someone else than "Far Away" was on part I of my playlist...and just so happens to be another song that I feel was completely written for me. And yes...I have hazel eyes. It took me forever to get over him...and now I actually wonder what I ever saw in him in the first place...he's nowhere near where I want to be!!
- "Lessons Learned" by Carrie Underwood (listen) - We all have regrets or things that we'd like to undo...whether people want to admit it or not. And I definitely have a few. And they definitely are lessons learned. We will never stop learning our lessons...and even when we do, we may actually repeat them... multiple times. And unfortunately, I have a lot of lessons I've learned yet repeated.
- "I Don't Miss You At All" by Selena Gomez & The Scene (listen) - First of all, Selena Gomez is so adorable in this video... Anyways... It's pretty obvious what this song is about. And I don't dedicate to one guy. I dedicate it to every past guy or person in my life who I've come to realize I don't need in my life!! Whether it be a "friend" or "family" member...whatever it may be. And I love that this is an upbeat song!
- "Gone With the Wind" by Vanessa Hudgens (listen)* - This song is a lot like that of "Believe in Me" by Demi Lovato. It's about coming into your own and letting people know that you're not a kid anymore, and that you can't keep following others...you have to make your own path. And fly away...
- "Heartbreak Warfare" by John Mayer (listen) - This isn't really a relationship thing for me...kind of a battle with myself. In that I hide from myself. I pretend that I'm okay when I know that I'm not. I build myself just to see it all crumble at my feet. As if I enjoy it. And instead of working through things...I keep it going. But I'm a determined little squirrel in fixing things. For myself.
- "Everything You're Not" by Demi Lovato (listen)* - This pertains to everything in my life...every one. Where like many others on the list...I follwed in the footsteps people had already created, not I'm realizing that everything I want and want to be is everything you're & they're not. Me! (And I got the inspiration for the name of this blog from this song!!!) The power to know what you want and not settle for anything less than everything(Sugarland lyrics!!)!!
- "Soar" by Christina Aguilera (listen)* - I dedicate this song to every body(girl's especially) who just need a little push to spread your wings & soar! Another great song about standing your ground no matter what's trying to break your stance!!
- "I Break Everything I Touch" by Jason Aldean (listen) - SN: Could the people in this video look any less interested? I love Mr. Aldean. Amazing in concert! Anyways...I can relate physically to this song...because I am a HUGE klutz. But I can also relate in that I hurt people, unintentionally of course, like I can't seem to keep a grasp on what's right in front of me. I just let it go & it stays gone!
- "Manos Al Aire" by Nelly Furtado (listen-Spanish lyrics) - You're in a losing battle with the one you love. You can't seem to hold on any longer and you just have to say that you have no weapons and that you surrender. Fighting is harder to do when there's only one person in the ring. Of course...unless it's a battle with yourself. Which is where this song fits into my life. I feel like if I surrender (in the worst possible way) it'll be worse than suffering through. Still trying to find that middle ground!
For part I of this playlist, go here!
Leave a comment here or on the original post to your Tune Tuesday playlist. Would love to see it!!
All links go directly to the music video or a live performance unless otherwise marked with an asterisk(*)!