Saturday, October 9, 2010

Movie Review: (500) Days of Summer






(500) Days of Summer

Release Date: August 7th, 2009
On DVD:
Out now!
Overall:
Starring:
Joseph Gordon-Levitt
- Tom
Zooey Deschanel - Summer
Matthew Gray Gubler - Paul
Geoffrey Arend - McKenzie
Chloe Moretz - Rachel

Review: I have been wanting to watch this movie for quite sometime, but have been putting it off because of all the hype. I'm a believer that if a lot of people say the movie, song, book, etc, is amazing...then it probably is not! Boy, I was wrong!
I loved this movie! And Joseph Gordon-Levitt...I'm in love now.

The movie is set in Los Angeles, California...but from a more artsy perspective, as Tom wants to be an architect...but is stuck at a job writing greeting cards. My favorite: "Roses are red. Violets are blue. F*ck you whore."

Tom falls in love with Summer almost immediately, which leaves room for nothing but disaster. But as the tagline says; "This is not a love story. This is a story about love."
I enjoyed how this movie went from beginning to end and everywhere in the middle completely out of order, giving you a complete spectrum into Tom's mind while not letting you guess the ending. You never really knew what day we'd be watching next.
The relationship between his younger sister, Rachel, and his friends McKenzie and Paul were the comic genius of the movie...especially Rachel. I think we'd all like a sister like her in our lives.
I'd like Paul in my life because he's Matthew Gray Gubler...but that's beside the point! :) ♥

This movie has an independent vibe, which is one of the reasons I loved it. Independent movies are my favorite types. Even though they usually don't give you enough and leave you with more questions than when you began watching, this one was absolutely perfect.

This movie, in my opinion, has the best soundtrack I've heard since Garden State. I have it on hold at the library now. Can not wait to put all of the amazing songs on my iPod. To sample some of the songs & purchase them, click here! (Seriously...I'm in love with this soundtrack & movie!)

(Please forgive my horrific review of this movie, not sure why it was so hard to say how I felt. But "I loved it" and "go see it" pretty much sums it up. It's on HBO right now! Check your On Demand!)


Movie Trailer:


Official: Website | Facebook

Movie Poster:
Characters:
Plot:
Setting:
Ending:
1/2